Sunday, July 4, 2010

To new beginnings, and learning from the past

This is my first post, and I'm really unsure of what to do.
I guess I'll dedicate it to new beginnings stemming from the past.
It's bizarre to think of the beginning of everything, how everything begat everything else. I strongly believe that everything happens for a reason, or at least that we should all learn from our own mistakes. Because, let's face it; we wouldn't be where we are today if we didn't make any mistakes. Everything we do in life affects not only ourselves but the people around us.

Speaking of new beginnings and old pasts, I'm finally learning to be by myself. Don't get me wrong, I know how to be alone (I was independent for a long time before I was dependent) but being alone and being by one's self are completely different concepts. I'm tired of being the outsider, known only by her associations with others. I need to create an identity for myself, love myself because I want to; not because no-one else will. Because when someone came alone and loved me, I forgot to love myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment